36 Tube TV is Dead What to do?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by dave_brogli, Aug 21, 2005.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Ive got an RCA 36 HDTV CRT. Its about 4 years old.
    When i went to turn it on the other morning it powered on, and 2 seconds later turned off. It repeated itself about 5 times and I unplugged it.

I plugged it back in and now have no power. no sound inside telling me the tvs trying to work. nothing.

So i took it apart and cleaned the hellishly dusty inside and checked the fuse which was ok....

before bringing it in to get fixed anyone know of any common fixes or problems like this

Thanks alot guys!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Power-supply failure. Common to RCA-branded direct-view sets. Expensive, sir. You might want to consider a replacement set.

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

My many years old Sony 35" set went south a couple months ago. What I'm doing about it is getting my Barco 1208/2 CRT front projector that I've had for several years but never set up because the remodeling I was going to do I never did, repaired, finally. Maybe this week? If I'm lucky.

I don't recommend that you go out and get a front projector, but if the repair turns out to be expensive, I sure would consider another set. One that is HDCP compatible.