1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

36" Tosh vs JVC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Den_J, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Den_J

Den_J Auditioning

Hi, Long time reader, 1st time poster. I am purchasing a 36" analog set for new home theater. HD is out of my price range for a year or two but I do want a good looking picture. The two sets I have narrowed my search to are:

JVC AV-36260 and Toshiba 36A41. Does anyone have any suggestions on which way to go??

I would also like to know if these models are capable of the squeeze trick and how difficult it is to do the squeeze.

2. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

If someone doesn't tell you how to make the JVC do a squeeze in under 30 seconds, then a site search here should find it. Not sure if the Toshiba can do it all no matter how you fiddle with it. Both are good sets for the price, obviously, but the Toshiba has gotten some bad press from having a moire problem (lines at an angle that look jagged instead of being straight like they should be). I almost bought that JVC myself a few months ago.