36 Inch or bigger tv for bedroom. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

My wife and I want a new tv for our bedroom. I don't need anything too fantsy. I will not be watching alot of dvd's on it. Mainly just for old vhs stuff and Directv. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking at spending abour $800.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Wouldn't a 32-inch make more sense in such close quarters? I like Toshiba's products in that size- and price-range.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

This all depends on how much tv you watch in the bedroom & if it's not that much & while your half asleep I would take a look at the 32" or 36" Samsung's. They have component video inputs & even do the squeeze trick by just pushing a button on the remote control. The 32" inch can be had for $450 or less & the 36" goes for under $700 Again, it all depends on how fussy your going to be with the picture, but the Samsung's picture is not bad especially for the money.

4. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Thanks Bill, I'll take a look at the Samsungs. $450 with component video is a great price.

5. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

For cheap-but-very-good, I can't help but mention the AV320 from JVC. IMO it's a no-brainer over the similar Toshibas. The 32" is about $500-550 with component video, but it's a heck of a set. But, if you want cheaper, cheaper alternatives are available.

6. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

Oh, and the 36" version of the AV320 goes on sale for around $750. Good deal. I would have bought one if I didn't think I NEEDED a 50+" set. [​IMG]