What's new

35mm print of "Turkish Star Wars" rediscovered (1 Viewer)

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Look for about two seconds of footage from The Magic Sword (1962) at 0:20 of the trailer!

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
If it weren't for the clips of Star Wars at the beginning and the end, it really has little to do with ripping off the Lucas epic even if that was the original intent. It's more like Indiana Jones and Flash Gordon as the soundtrack cues hint at - plus, a lot of Turkish religious mumbo jumbo. Saw a 'highlight' reel at a convention years ago. It's basically all you need. Once you see the Star Wars clips, hear the ripped off music, seen the funny costumes and witness a silly faux martial arts bit or two, that about sums it up. The rest is tedium. A newly restored version is out there which only helps bring visual clarity to how inept it all is.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I have a (bootleg, of course) copy someone gave me. I haven't gotten around to watching the whole thing yet, but I'm still glad it's been preserved. It's a shame it could never get an official release, given how much copyright infringement it has in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks