What's new

35mm Classics on the Big Screen! (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The beautiful Union County Arts Center in Rahway, New Jersey, will be presenting a terrific Halloween show on Friday, October 31st. THE EXORCIST, one of the most frightening films of all time, will be shown with Ed Wood's masterpiece, PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE, another frightening classic! Both features will be presented on the big screen in glorious 35mm, and this event kicks off the theaters new season of great film presentations. Such classics as KING KONG, CITIZEN KANE, SONS OF THE DESERT and NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE will grace the silver screen of this gorgeous 1928 movie palace.

Several silent films, including Harold Lloyd's SPEEDY and MY BEST GIRL (with Mary Pickford) will be presented with live accompaniment by Bernie Anderson, Jr. on the theaters original Mighty Wurlitzer organ.

For more details on the classic film series, visit www.ucac.org and go to the Movie Lovers page. Don't miss this unique opportunity to experience classic films in the way they were meant to be seen: in the glory of 35mm on the big screen in a grand movie palace!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Bernie has put together a terrific lineup of films for the next 6 months down there at the UCAC. I'm especially looking forward to seeing PLAN 9, which I've only seen once theatrically more than 20 years ago. The silents look pretty darn good, too, and I'm sure Bernie will do a great job accompanying them.

Between his shows in Rahway and mine in Suffern, the New Jersey/New York area is loaded with film classics the way they were meant to be seen - on the Big Screen!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks