What's new

How to counter the extreme loudness coming from the front speakers in a 7 speakers setup. (1 Viewer)

MajorgamerQc

Auditioning
Real Name
Maxime
Hi, i recently installed my latest home theater system with a Pionner Dolby atmos ready VSX-LX101 receiver and a 7.0 speakers with 2 front columns (including 2 woofer and a tweet each) but no sub-woofer. If i did my homework right the cross over make it so that the bass frequency from my little speaker are redirect in my front column right? Anyway, the result makes it that the bass from the front columns are way too loud for my condominium.

What do you think would be the best solution for me?

-Install a sub-woofer so that maybe the bass frequency from my columns would be redirected to it? Then lower my sub-woofer volume.

-Change my frequency setting in my receiver (currently at 80) to 60, 100, 150, 200?

- Set my front columns to small instead of large in my receiver setting?

Any help would be appreciated thx!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
If the fronts are just too loud, you should be able to adjust the relative volume of the left/right to be a bit lower than the others (center, surrounds, rears). If it's too bassy/boomy, then you probably want to start by turning down the bass.

Your left/rights should generally be set to large. Without a sub I'm not sure setting that to 60/80 would do anything, but even if it does, it's probably not what you really want, since it'll eliminate all the low end. Of course, it can't hurt to try it, if turning down the bass doesn't work.

BTW, have you run the auto-calibration? If not, you should definitely start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks