What's new

Bad Gateway issues with Firefox? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I've been getting this a lot the last few days when trying to get to the forums. Is this a known issue, or maybe something on my end?

E7HZnnm.jpg

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I feel certain this is not on your end. Cloudflare is a content-caching provider as well as a DNS provider. I used them with my last job. I expect HTF is only using its DNS services, because their caching caused trouble for me with dynamic pages - which are what the forum is.

Next time this happens, go to https://www.cloudflarestatus.com and see if any problems are reported. They show nothing for today, but did have problems the last few days.

This won't actually help you, other than to let you know it's not your environment.
Maybe the HTF staff will have heard something.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Seems to be an issue with caching. Every time I get that error, if I click on the 'Retry for a live version' it puts me straight through to the site.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am running into an issue attempting to port replies to existing threads using Firefox. The post reply box does not appear, so I cannot post any reply. If I click on the "reply" button in an existing reply in order to quote that reply, I get no reply box - just a button to "reply to thread" but no way to enter anything, plus no quote. It happened a few days ago, but the issue went away the same day. However, it's back again today.

I am posting this reply using Chrome, which does not seem to have the issue.

I also noticed that the "forum list" in the upper left corner isn't working with Firefox, but is with Chrome. This just started a couple of days ago, too.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm having the same problem as Scott with FF. At first I could refresh and clear it up, but that's not working anymore (or maybe just not at home, while it worked at the office).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm having the same problem as Scott with FF. At first I could refresh and clear it up, but that's not working anymore (or maybe just not at home, while it worked at the office).

I have been out of town for the past week, but just returned and am having the same issues with Firefox that I posted over a week ago. I have to use Chrome to reply to any posts. Is anyone looking into this?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I am running into an issue attempting to port replies to existing threads using Firefox. The post reply box does not appear, so I cannot post any reply. If I click on the "reply" button in an existing reply in order to quote that reply, I get no reply box - just a button to "reply to thread" but no way to enter anything, plus no quote. It happened a few days ago, but the issue went away the same day. However, it's back again today.

My workaround for this is to not turn on any scripting in Firefox. Replying to threads seems to be ok without scripting.

(I always use NoScript).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
It seemed to be back to normal yesterday.

But unfortunately today, I still have to turn off the scripting in Firefox in order to post anything.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi There - I am actually posting this from Firefox myself to test. I am unable to duplicate the issue at the moment. Are you using an older version of firefox or any addons perhaps that could be interfering?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dave,

Ever since you made those adjustments, my error messages with Google Chrome have gone away.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hi There - I am actually posting this from Firefox myself to test. I am unable to duplicate the issue at the moment. Are you using an older version of firefox or any addons perhaps that could be interfering?

Current version of Firefox and NoScript.

As a test, I turned off all the other extensions + plugins except for NoScript. Still the same result.

On NoScript, I just clicked "temporarily allow all this page" which was fine on Firefox in the past. No dice currently.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Still no dice, after the forum "reboot" a few hours ago.

I can only post a reply, only after turning off the scripting in Firefox.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I can only surmise that it's noscript. I am 100% unable to reproduce your issue so far - but i'll keep trying. If you disable noscript completely, does the problem go away?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I can only surmise that it's noscript. I am 100% unable to reproduce your issue so far - but i'll keep trying. If you disable noscript completely, does the problem go away?

Turning off ALL the extensions entirely including noscript, the problem goes away.

Through some more trial and error, the problem goes away if I allow scripts to be run from hometheaterforum.com AND cloudfare.com in Noscript. I also run uBlock Origin, which I have to temporarily allow hometheaterforum.com in order for the problem to go away. (Either that, or turning off uBlock Origin entirely).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I still am having the same issue with no reply box being available in Firefox (posting this using Chrome), but the Forum List in the upper left corner of the website is now functioning properly.

I am running the latest version of Firefox on Windows 7. I have not touched any scripting settings -- they are all at the default setting. I tried No Script Lite, but it did not make any difference.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(Further clarification).

I'm running the 64-bit version of Firefox on Windows 10.

I have no idea what the functionality issues are with previous Windows versions, and/or the 32-bit version of Firefox.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Here is some more information which may help. The Forum List function in the upper left corner only works when I have the No Scripts plug-in enabled. I must have tried it earlier only after installing and enabling that plug-in. I later disabled the plug-in, and now the Forum List is not working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks