What's new

It's Always Fair Weather (1955) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81x9-ajUqxL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Absolutely wonderful news! I know I will not be the only one here delighted that this film is coming out on Blu-ray. The DVD is pretty good - I watched it again a few weeks ago - but in high definition It's Always Fair Weather will be extra special.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Happy for those who enjoy this film. I always thought it should have been a true sequel to "On The Town" with the same cast and so I am always a little disappointed when thinking what the film could have been.

Every time a mid 1950's MGM musical is released I keep wondering about 7 Brides For 7 Brothers. The elements for this must truly be in terrible condition since this film has still not made its way to blu.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The few excerpts from It's Always Fair Weather which have turned up in the various That's Entertainment films always look wonderful ("Thanks a Lot, But No Thanks" is especially impressive), so it makes me very, very eager to see it in its entirety in high def.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Every time a mid 1950's MGM musical is released I keep wondering about 7 Brides For 7 Brothers. The elements for this must truly be in terrible condition since this film has still not made its way to blu.

I wonder if the hold-up is because WB feels that both the CinemaScope and flat version (it was filmed twice) should be restored before it's released. A lot of work for just one film title.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wonder if the hold-up is because WB feels that both the CinemaScope and flat version (it was filmed twice) should be restored before it's released. A lot of work for just one film title.
I suspect they won't bother remastering the flat version though I assume it will be included in the release if we ever get it..

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

They are in terrible condition. Robert Harris has informed us that it would/will cost a fortune to restore this film. And that, undoubtedly, is why Warners have not done it.

To repeat a point I've made several times before, it's obvious that Warner's policy is to go for low-hanging fruit: in other words to release on Blu-ray disc those films which do not require expensive work.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
OTOH, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" is one of the best titles in the MGM library and is on several lists as among the best film musicals of all time. That must count for something at some point.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
The Blu-Ray of On The Town was very bad. I hope they due better on the other 3 stripe Technocolor films. I don't see the point of putting out on B.R. if the colors don't line up !! I have 7 brides @ Vudu and it looks bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks