What's new

The Goodbye Girl - BD from WAC (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Fantastic!

TCM showed it somewhat recently in HD and the few minutes I saw looked really good. Very excited to be able to pick this up.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Hadn't ever heard of this movie and i see it had some serious Oscar nominations and winner.

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
Thank you Warner---Hope to see LOCAL HERO----GOODBYE MR CHIPS[1969] and SHOOT THE MOON in 2017.

Last edited:

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
If you haven't seen this movie, you have a treat coming.

I saw it in original release and many times since. The film belongs to a certain time and place but isn't dated at all and holds up for a modern audience. Terrific cast, Richard Dreyfus at his very best.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Terrific cast, Richard Dreyfus at his very best.

The first time I saw this I thought Dreyfuss overacted and hammed his way through it to an often embarrassing degree, but I've warmed up to him in the role, and now I find him rather nuanced and sometimes hysterically funny (especially his rehearsal for RICHARD III). Marsha Mason is now the one who irritates me -- she's just so whiny most of the time, but I guess that is how Simon wrote it. Little Quinn Cummings (ten at the time) steals the movie from both of them in many scenes.I look forward to the Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks