1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

34" widescreen CRT HDTV or FP?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leo_P, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Right now I have a JVC 32" TV (AV32F702) and I'm thinking about getting into an HDTV. I mostly watch DVD's and play XBOX Live (too much:b), but I'm in NYC and I think we receive a good amount of OTA signals, so I want something capable of 1080i.
    Anyway, I read the January 2003 issue of HT magazine where they have "the 2002 Direct-View HDTV Face Off". They have 34" 16:9 offerings from Toshiba, Sony, Phillips and Zenith. I was looking around for the Pillips, and J&R has it for $2K. I have the money, but that seems a LITTLE excessive for a TV (of that size).[​IMG]
    So now I'm thinking that if I could get a projector for around $3K, maybe I'd go that route. But I'm totally lost when it comes to front projectors. Is there a good beginners FAQ somewhere I could check out?
    TIA.

2. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

If you're looking to learn more about projectors, AVS Forum is always a great place to learn more information. Plus, with some projectors recently released, you could easily pick one of them up for under $2000. Keep that in mind. Plus, don't forget to seach in this forum. There is great information here also!

3. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Thanks for the help Dave![​IMG]
    I'll go check out the AVS forum.