1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

34" widescreen CRT HDTV or FP?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leo_P, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Right now I have a JVC 32" TV (AV32F702) and I'm thinking about getting into an HDTV. I mostly watch DVD's and play XBOX Live (too much:b), but I'm in NYC and I think we receive a good amount of OTA signals, so I want something capable of 1080i.
    Anyway, I read the January 2003 issue of HT magazine where they have "the 2002 Direct-View HDTV Face Off". They have 34" 16:9 offerings from Toshiba, Sony, Phillips and Zenith. I was looking around for the Pillips, and J&R has it for $2K. I have the money, but that seems a LITTLE excessive for a TV (of that size).[​IMG]
    So now I'm thinking that if I could get a projector for around $3K, maybe I'd go that route. But I'm totally lost when it comes to front projectors. Is there a good beginners FAQ somewhere I could check out?
    TIA.

2. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

If you're looking to learn more about projectors, AVS Forum is always a great place to learn more information. Plus, with some projectors recently released, you could easily pick one of them up for under $2000. Keep that in mind. Plus, don't forget to seach in this forum. There is great information here also!

3. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Thanks for the help Dave![​IMG]
    I'll go check out the AVS forum.