34 lbs center channel on top of RPTV

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ArnaudP, Sep 16, 2003.

1. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I would like to buy a new center channel (Paradigm Studio cc470) but it weights 34Lbs! I am worried that it might be too heavy to sit on top of my 48" Mits RPTV. What do you guys think? Thanks.

2. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

You should be just fine. Plenty of people over at Klipsch use the 38lb monster(KLF-C7) I'm using with no problem on their RPTV's.

3. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

No problem at all. I have a 45lb center on top of my 55" Mits RPTV and it has had no problems at all. If you're really worried you could place a sheet of glass or shelf of some sort that fits over the entire top of the TV and the speaker on top of that. The shelf will help distribute the load better.

4. Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall Second Unit

Scott
    I had 45+ lbs Paradigm Active-CC center sitting on top of my Mitsubishi 46" RPTV for a few years. No problems whatsoever. Mitsu's seem to have a stronger top than Toshiba's and other RPTVs.

5. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Check out this link at another forum and see what you think. The 55" Mits I had *did* bow with my B&W LCR6 on top. 3/8" glass took care of that problem. When I exchanged the 55" for a 65" Mits later on I purchased a new piece of glass, but the added width was too much for the glass to handle, and *it* bowed. I ended up using the exact same wall mount bracket pictured half way down in the link I provided, works great!

Good luck!

Pete