What's new

321 series II + turntables + home theater use (1 Viewer)

Tomkzufomsg

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Kurtz
Hello everyone, new here and Bose user since 2003. I have a couple questions about my system that I still love
1 Is it possible to add a turntable to this, and if so any recommendations on which one and directions. I have about 3k old albums I put on IPODS or cds but would love to listen to the records again
2 Is it possible to use this as a home theater system on my Samsung Samsung 900a 8k television. I use to have it on my old Sony as it had the old hook ups but this TV is hdmi obviously. I see the reciever on the newer gs had a hdmi instead. Ebay has those for sale used for around $100 or so and I believe I could just swap out mine if that would work.
3 I really like the sound on this bad boy and was hoping that it would work for 1 or both
Thanks for taking the time to read this long winded post everyone!!

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
I want to preface this with, I'm not bringing you expert knowledge - there are guys here that know far more than me and if they catch this thread and want to jump in that's awesome.
Hello everyone, new here and Bose user since 2003. I have a couple questions about my system that I still love
1 Is it possible to add a turntable to this, and if so any recommendations on which one and directions. I have about 3k old albums I put on IPODS or cds but would love to listen to the records again
That Bose system doesn't have a preamp for a turntable so you could use it as one, but you'd need to add the preamp (like this) or purchase a turntable with a built in preamp (like this - there are cheaper options, and endless choices Audio Technica is just a solid brand and good example).
2 Is it possible to use this as a home theater system on my Samsung Samsung 900a 8k television. I use to have it on my old Sony as it had the old hook ups but this TV is hdmi obviously. I see the reciever on the newer gs had a hdmi instead. Ebay has those for sale used for around $100 or so and I believe I could just swap out mine if that would work.
While it's possible to also get a converter (like this) to go from the composite that your Bose has to HDMI for your TV but it's going to be maxing out at 1080p, or 2k, because that's the best composite can do - which is quite a lot of wasted k's to put through a new 8k tv.
3 I really like the sound on this bad boy and was hoping that it would work for 1 or both
Thanks for taking the time to read this long winded post everyone
If it was my home theater I'd be looking for an upgrade. The choices are endless and it just depends on your desired budget. The hang up is that I'm presuming Bose has created every aspect of this system proprietary and it would be anywhere from a pain to impossible to use those speakers and sub with a new/non-bose receiver. For what it's worth, I would retire the Bose from home theater land. Get the external preamp/turntable with a preamp and use it for your records. It will do that successfully forever. Then, purchase a newer receiver/speakers/package deal that utilizes current tech to make the most of your 8k tv and be able to grow with your needs and tech changes for the next few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks