What's new

32" Stereo Symphonic Analog TV (1 Viewer)

Ken Finch

Auditioning
I recently purchased this TV from Walmart in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for $369.99 plus taxes. I also purchased the Digital Video Essentials DVD to Calibrate my system. I calibrated it to the best I could by using the standard menu controls. I called the manufacturer, Funai Corporation to see how to get into the Service Menus to adjust it further but Funai said they could not help me that the Service Menus are only accessable by a Technician. I tried to get the information out of them but they would not give it to me. Anybody out there have one of these TVs and know how to get into the Service Menu. My TV is the exact same as the 32" Stereo Sylvania TV made by the same Funai Corporation. It is a nice TV otherwise.

Ken Finch

Auditioning
Anybody have any answers on this? I know this forum is biased against cheap TVs, they do not want to help unless the TV costs $500-$1000 or more. But I had a budget limit because of new daughter and limited funds. But if any of the experts will feel a little helpful can you try and assist me. I know Funai Corp. is not the best but it seems to be a nice TV for what I paid for it. It looks pretty good now that I adjusted it using Digital Video Essentials. I would just like to try and get it a little better, to much red push. No Component Inputs only S-Video and Composite. I know low end, but I have another child coming this February so no upgrades for the Home Theatre for awhile.

Thanks,
Ken Finch

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ken, there's no "bias" here against "cheap" displays. It's simply a matter of no one having any experience with this particular model.

Ken Finch

Auditioning
Ok, I just thought that because it is a Funai Corp. TV not a Brand Name I thought it was Biased against. I retract my previous Post. I called Funai Corp. and they would not help me. Oh well it looks good now that it is out of torch mode. I guess that is what I get for buying a cheap TV. Well someday I will move up to better equipement. My current Home Theatre System cost me under $1200.00 Cdn to setup. Here is my equipement list:

- Funai Corp. Symphonic CST324E 32" Stereo TV
- Modded Xbox with Dolby Digital 5.1 output
- Nintendo GameCube with Dolby Prologic output
- Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player with Progressive Scan
- JVC HR-A592U Stereo 4 Head VCR
- RCA Mechanical 5 Port A/V Switchbox
- Bell Expressvu 3100 Satellite Receiver
- Venturer AV1000 Dolby 5.1 100watt Home Theatre Receiver
- 32" TV Entertainment System Stand to hold 32" TV and all Home Theatre Components.
- Britz 25watt 6.5" Subwoofer Active Amp with two Sony 4" Ghetto Blaster Speakers to assist in subwoofer output.
- Fisher Center Speaker with 4" Woofer and 2" Midrange 80watts
- Britz 25watt Front L/R Satellites with 2" Woofers and 1/2" Ferrofluid Cooled Tweeters
- Acoustic Labs Rear L/R Surround Satellites with 4" Woofers and 1/2" Ferrofluid Cooled Tweeters and Adjustable wall brackets
- 5 Shelf Bookshelf that holds so far 33 VHS Movies and 75 DVD Movies
- 13 Xbox Games and 5 GameCube Games.
- D-Link DI-614+ Wireless 802.11b Router
- Acatel Speed Touch Home 8Mbs Bell ADSL Hi-Speed Internet Modem for Xbox and Desktop Computer and IBM Thinkpad 600 with Full Docking Station Hi-Speed Internet Access

I also purchased the Digital Video Essentials DVD and a Radio Shack Analog SPL Meter to setup the Home Theatre System.

All this cost me just under $1200.00 Cdn including taxes.

What do you think of this setup for what I paid for it?

Thanks,
Ken Finch

Ken Finch

Auditioning
Adding to the previos post, the quoted price did not include the Desktop Computer and the IBM Thinkpad 600 Notebook Computer with the Full Docking System, I already had that equipement.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Hi Ken,
Where did you purchase your analog SPL meter? As far as I knew, Radioshack in Canada only carried the digital ones which retailed for $80 bucks or so. Then again, I haven't checked it out for a couple of years.

EDIT: nevermind, I just checked their website and it looks like they have them again.

Ken Finch

Auditioning
I purchased it from Radio Shack in the Eatons Center Downtown Toronto for $69.95 plus taxes.

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
ken, I doubt any manufacturer will tell you how to get into the service menu of their tv's. It would probably void your warranty if you did and they found out.
You can really mess up the picture if you don't know what you are doing.
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.