What's new

32" speaker stands for 30lbs speakers (1 Viewer)

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have any ideas who makes a good metal stand? Audio Advisor has the Sanus Ultimate Foundations Speaker stand but I'm not sold on the three legged look.

Valerie Brown

Stunt Coordinator
If you want to go cheap (and I mean cheap!):

I bought a set of this metal grates that you connect together to make cubes. For $12- I made 3 stands (1 tall/2 short) to support 2 rear speakers and a center-channel.

Granted, they are not the prettiest things, but they do the job! They will support up to 50 pounds and come in various colors. They can be found at Target or comparable stores.

If you prefer something nicer, they are cheap enough for an interim solution (until something nicer is on sale).

I will add that these cube system are configured to built
as one solid unit. Once you start creating separate units, you run short on connector pieces. The set I bought came with 30 grates and 30 connectors. When I was done, I had something like 11 grates and 2 connectors left over. Not sure whether you can buy additional connectors.

They are bit awkward to put together, though. Found a rubber mallet worked best.

Hope this helps.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Funny this should come up, I just bought a pair of the Ultimate Foundations today at Harvey for my Deftech PM700s. Though they weigh more than the base's limit it's very sturdy and I'm not worried about it. I like them very much but as they're going in the rear I'm not as concerned about looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks