32" Proview HD Ready LCD - $899

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarkN, Jun 14, 2005.

1. MarkN

MarkN Stunt Coordinator

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Lacking in Connections (I think one more HD component video would be good) but interesting. 1080p capable, certainly a plus. Just don't know the product.

3. Frank@N

[email protected] Screenwriter

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

For 2 inches less, you'll probably get a better picture from the t.v. [email protected] suggests. Samsung is pretty good with CRTs, and it's slim plus not only does it have HDMI, it has 2 HD component input, it also has a HD-Tuner so if you have Digital cable you can view HD channels with the use of the HD card or just getting an antennae. Couple that with a service plan, I'd go with the Samsung and forget Costco.

5. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

There may be geometric distortion problems with the 30 inch Slim CRT at Circuit City. Suggest you do a search over on AVS.

6. John S

John S Producer

I went to CC to look at one of these last weekend, the Lakewood, CO store I went to, acted like I didn't even know what I was talking about, let alone have one in for demo.

7. Frank@N

[email protected] Screenwriter

You can try looking for a slim CRT display at BB, but CC has the better price.

As for slight geometric distortions, that's probably true of any CRT-based display.

I'm hoping they produce a somewhat smaller version I could use in my kitchen.

I only have 14" of depth available and every LCD I tried looked like crap.

My cable signal looks uniformly poor on LCDs, while larger CRTs manage to look quite respectable with the same signal.

Smaller LCDs also seem to have issues with field of view (they only look best straight on), which is problematic in a kitchen situation as people are going to be viewing from multiple vantage points.

Skin tones also didn't look right from any angle.