32" HDTV, under a grand

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brian~W, May 11, 2004.

1. Brian~W

Brian~W Auditioning

I'm in the market for a TV for my living room, and here's what I've narrowed it down to:

30-32" (preferably 32")
    HDTV or HDTV-ready
    Flat Tube
    Under $1,000 (SO-limited)

There are a few choices that I've come across - I've looked at Amazon, Best Buy, and other places (Bestbuy.com has free shipping on a Zenith). This will primarily be used for DVDs, but also regular TV as well. I'm not going to be getting HDTV service or anything, just want a good TV for movies.

What are some model recommendations, and places to look for good prices?

2. DouglasBr

DouglasBr Stunt Coordinator

Walmart (of all places) had a Panasonic HDTV for around $800, but I can't remember the size of the screen. I don't think it was as small as 27", but I suppose it could have been (hope that helps).

3. Jeremy Deal

Jeremy Deal Extra

A couple of weeks ago I got a 32" toshiba CRT HDTV for $900, was originally 1299, they took 300 off the price to make way for new models I suppose, then they had a 10% off sale which they run pretty often I think. It's still 1299 everywhere else. I couldn't afford more than 1000 and a 36" wouldn't fit, so this was the best thing I could find.

4. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

I have the Samsung 32" HDTV. I have 2 years ago model I believe. However, I saw the newest version in a Best Buy ad this weekend for $799. I love my Samsung and would recommend it to anyone.

5. Brian~W

Brian~W Auditioning

Sweet, I was hoping that I might be able to get a HDTV considering my price limitations. Are there any companies that I should look for in particular (aside from those already mentioned), or stay away from?

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

You might also want to check out the new Sanyo 32" HDTV with a built in HDTV tuner, P-I-P & a HDMI Input that Wal-Mart has for $747.00 Check www.avsforum.com there is a big thread over there on it & it seems the Sanyo is getting some pretty good reviews. The 30" widescreen HDTV Sanyo hasn't hit Wal-Mart yet but it's suposed to any day now & the price on it is also suposed to be $747.00 There is also a 27" version coming out shortly too but no price on it yet. You can check www.sanyo.com under "Digital" TV's for the specs. on each model. I would be willing to guess if the Sanyo's are going for $747 (Xmas $699? Closeout $599?) it will force a lot of other companies to lower their prices on HDTV sets this year. Happy Hunting [​IMG]

7. oryan_dunn

oryan_dunn Agent