What's new

32" HDTV, under a grand (1 Viewer)

Brian~W

Auditioning
I'm in the market for a TV for my living room, and here's what I've narrowed it down to:

30-32" (preferably 32")
HDTV or HDTV-ready
Flat Tube
Under $1,000 (SO-limited)

There are a few choices that I've come across - I've looked at Amazon, Best Buy, and other places (Bestbuy.com has free shipping on a Zenith). This will primarily be used for DVDs, but also regular TV as well. I'm not going to be getting HDTV service or anything, just want a good TV for movies.

What are some model recommendations, and places to look for good prices?

DouglasBr

Stunt Coordinator
Walmart (of all places) had a Panasonic HDTV for around $800, but I can't remember the size of the screen. I don't think it was as small as 27", but I suppose it could have been (hope that helps).

A couple of weeks ago I got a 32" toshiba CRT HDTV for $900, was originally 1299, they took 300 off the price to make way for new models I suppose, then they had a 10% off sale which they run pretty often I think. It's still 1299 everywhere else. I couldn't afford more than 1000 and a 36" wouldn't fit, so this was the best thing I could find.

Jon Mahoney

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Samsung 32" HDTV. I have 2 years ago model I believe. However, I saw the newest version in a Best Buy ad this weekend for $799. I love my Samsung and would recommend it to anyone.

Brian~W

Auditioning
Sweet, I was hoping that I might be able to get a HDTV considering my price limitations. Are there any companies that I should look for in particular (aside from those already mentioned), or stay away from?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
You might also want to check out the new Sanyo 32" HDTV with a built in HDTV tuner, P-I-P & a HDMI Input that Wal-Mart has for $747.00 Check www.avsforum.com there is a big thread over there on it & it seems the Sanyo is getting some pretty good reviews. The 30" widescreen HDTV Sanyo hasn't hit Wal-Mart yet but it's suposed to any day now & the price on it is also suposed to be $747.00 There is also a 27" version coming out shortly too but no price on it yet. You can check www.sanyo.com under "Digital" TV's for the specs. on each model. I would be willing to guess if the Sanyo's are going for $747 (Xmas $699? Closeout $599?) it will force a lot of other companies to lower their prices on HDTV sets this year. Happy Hunting ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Homestar9