What's new

$315 million dollar jackpot winner (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...track=morenews
Somebody in Anaheim is the sole winner of the jackpot. Nobody claimed the jackpot yet so there is still time to mug him. Anyone up for a road trip?

After taxes this is still probably $150mil-ish. That A-Rod type of money. I could do a lot of damage with that.:D

Every week I drive by the billboard that shows the current jackpot. What sucks is that when it passed $200mil, I was thinking of buying a ticket, but every week I didn't. In other words: SOMEONE IS SPENDING MY MONEY.:angry:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the news reported that the cash value is approximately $186 million, less 25% for federal tax, and no state tax.

I'm already here, so just phone me up when we're ready to do the mugging! :D

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I heard that the winner was actually part of a 7 person office pool, so after taxes and splitting 7 ways, that 315 million becomes a paltry 20 mil.

Living in OC, maybe they could each buy a new house or something...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So if they take the cash value of $186 million, that's $26.57 million each, less 25% fed tax = $19.928 million each.

I could make that work...

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Damn, thats buy a mansion AND a new Rolls-Royce every year until death kinda money.

Well it is here anyway. I'm sure in LA $186million will get you laid a dozen times and have you eating sushi off of a naked supermodel everyday for a month, maybe you'll have enough left over for a new Hyundai.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
With that ticket worth US$111.3 million (paid according to "cash value" payment rules and minus 28% withholding by the IRS using W-2G rules), the Robb Report magazine suddenly becomes really useful. ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Whenever one of these office pools wins big, I always think about the jealousy and anger that the employees (who didn't participate) are feeling. :D

Imagine being sick or on vacation the day they did the pool. :eek: That would SUCK!

When our company did an office pool, a co-worker (who is a good friend of mine) wasn't here that day, so I wrote her name down and put in a dollar for her. Not only to make her happy, but the salvage the friendship if we ever DID win and she wasn't included! :D

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Admit it, you just want her to be grateful enough to have sex with you. Being a guy, I understand and applaud the tactic.:emoji_thumbsup:

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Mark, it wasn't the sex! It was the threat of a lawsuit wiping out everyone's winnings that made you do it! :D

Man! With all the taxes taken away from the winnings, I'm glad I only play Canadian lotteries where the winnings are tax free AND paid in a single installment! :D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I don’t know but isn’t the Mega Lottery payout of 111 million figure for a one-time cash payment?

Which of course is much better option then taking the money over a 20 plus basis.

By the way I'd take the money either way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks