What's new

300hp WRX STi!!! (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Yeah the gold rims and the (functional) big wing are tacky, but like Jay says its because of the WRC car. Personally, if/when I get an STi I won't care what others think, if they think I'm just another "ricer" well then that's their problem not mine, I'll know what I've got. In any case previous versions of the STi have had options for different colored wheels, maybe that will also be true of this version.

People don't buy Subarus for the image/pose factor anyway, enthusiasts have bought WRXs because they get a great practical fun-to-drive performance car (as an aside its amazing how many WRX owners are in IT). The STi is going to be an affordable "supercar", tacky wheels or not.

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
They should make it half that power stock from the factory, then bring it back up to 300/300 with a computer chip. Insurance would be much better.

Too bad it still looks and sounds like en econobox, even if it's fast.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
DAMN! That car is sick!! Gold rims or not... 300 horsepower is 300 horsepower. There are many, many cars on the road today that will be having their ass handed back to them. :) I can't believe those numbers... I mean, I see them... I've read them... I just can't believe them!! Essentially, you're driving a full blown rally car that's been "made" for the street. It's certainly not a bad thing.
*thinking* Brembo brakes, race seating, limited slip differential, AWD... that's fucking crazy.
The lease for my '01 Lexus IS300 is up in 17 mo. And that beast hits the streets when? This year? *sigh* I'm scared though. Anyway you slice it, it's still a Subaru. And I love my IS300... :frowning:
dilemmas... dilemmas...
Scott.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
That styling just grabs me wrong. Looks real good on paper, though. Still not for me.
I wonder what sort of boost they need to get 300hp out of the 2.5?

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks