What's new

$300 to spend... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Sanjay honestly given your budget forget about a sub for now..concentrate on the mains and receiver for now or else you'll just end up spreading your money to thin trying to get it all now. While the HTiB's aren't to bad if you're thinking of buying a better system later on I'd rather see you spend your wisely and slowly build up rather then starting all over in 8 months. Those superzero's I liked to above are pretty small speakers but there's others that are similar in size that would work for you.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
No there's very few speakers that sound decent in that colour...almost all of the good ones are in some sort of wood color...which is typically black, rosewood or beech. There are some in white but these are typically plastic and aren't generally as high a quality as wooden boxed speakers (though there's exceptions)

One company that you might want to think about is Fluance. They make very affordable speakers that apparently sound much better then their price would indicate. I have a friend that just ordered the center but I haven't heard it myself yet but he's pretty impressed so far. Anyway they have this system that might look better to you...you can get them individually if you don't want the larger fronts but its another avenue to consider. Here's some smaller bookshelfs that might suit you.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
So hot-rodding your car is a better waste of money than home theater?! Nonsense!

Everybody knows all your money should be invested in custom tattooing. :D

LOL! $5000 in custom tattooing and the rest on a water fountain in the bedroom so that you can piss your bed every night.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Sanjay if you were serious about your Bose question read this FAQ. Basically though they're over priced for what you get. Bose is exceptionally good at marketing their products to the masses but that doesn't make them a good buy. McDonalds may sell more hamburgers then any other restaurant but no one would claim their burgers are the best available;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Sanjay your original post read as

>>>I need something small to tide me over. Something with surround sound. If you've got any ideas, share it. Thanks

DonJ

Second Unit

I built this system going on 3 years ago and added the Anthem PVA7 about a year ago also. So prices are little foggy and will be off a little or maybe a lot.

I paid about half for my open box HK320 around $400.00

I paid retail for all my Paradigms (except my new sub)like an idiot.

i think it went something like this
Monitor 9's=800.00
Mini Monitor=400.00
CC370=450.00
PS1000=550.00
I could be wrong but this is as close as I can get.
the Anthem PVA 7 got a good deal on this at $1500.00
PW2200 500.00
But there are much cheaper ways to go about this and still get quality stuff.
I would look into axiom and swans for speakers and Ebay with Harman Direct for a good receiver and that should save you some bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks