What's new

"300" prequel in the works? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The titles says "prequel" but the article says "sequel" so who knows what's going on but it looks as though somethings in the works.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17811/-300-prequel-begins-scripting

Zack Synder ("300," "Watchmen") has confirmed a film adaptation of the sequel to "300" is moving considerably along.

"We [he and his "300" script collaborator Kurt Johnstad] closed the writing deal on 'Xerxes.' We started writing about a week ago. So we're doing it. It's happening" says Snyder in an interview with The Los Angeles Times.

It's expected Snyder will direct but nothing is locked yet. "It's really going to depend on what the studio wants to do and what we do when we finish; I don't have a directing deal in place but we are writing it, so call it intent" says Snyder.

Frank Miller's "Xerxes" comic, set to be published in coming months, follows Themistocles and the Battle of Artemisium. Because events somewhat crossover with those in "300", Snyder says that it will be the same stylised visuals of that film.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's kind of both. It starts years before the events of 300 and finishes up on the same day. Snyder started writing it before Miller has even finished.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Looks like Xerxes has been taken from Snyder and offered to Guy Ritchie. I don't think the situation is as grim as the article paints it to be. I think Snyder's just too busy with Supes and the studio doesn't want to hold off until he's done (which the article actually posits before going negative).

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/02/warner_bros_offers_300_sequel.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks