What's new

30% off all previously Viewed movies at Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I've done okay with most of the ones I've bought, but I've stopped shopping for PV discs at BlockBuster. I had a situation where a DVD I rented would not play on the last chapter. There was one small scratch on the DVD, but what concerned me was this thin haze, caused by the cleaner they use, covering much of the disc.

I asked the manager about the scratch and the "chemical" they used to clean the disc and he told me it was not a chemical, it was acetone. He said he was a chemistry major and that acetone will not harm plastic.

'nuff said about his ignorance.

Jaime_G

Agent
I did pretty well myself, i purchased the entire Band of Brothers Collection. I still need the tin, but hey it is all good. I am sure someone on ebay will post a tin someday.;)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Nope I was wrong. The lock cases do have the lock in them. Several movies are in hard plastic shells. I think these are ones that have the original cases.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Aaron, my local BB is pretty lax when dealing with scratched discs. In fact, when I returned my last one, I simply brought it to the counter and asked for another copy, and they just let me grab one off the shelf and walk out. No checking reciepts, etc.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
They were already selling it previously viewed?!?!
Yes, indeed. I drove around town tonight looking to buy Vols. 1, 2, & 4 after I grabbed 3, 5, & 6 as an impulse buy at the neighborhood BBV a couple days ago. Only managed to get Vol. 1 tonight, though (the cover said Vol. 1, but inside were Vols. 5 & 6, so the clerk just grabbed a Vol. 1 off the shelf and handed it to me.) I'll check again later this week to see if any of the stores have moved the stock over to the PPV rack. BTW, does anybody know when Blockbusters typically do this?

Also wanted to pick up "24: Season 1" as PPV, but after doing the math and realizing that $6.99 * 6 + tax is more than I could pay for the set new from DeppDiscountDVD or someone else, I decided to pass on that one.

Dave C.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hoping to grab some "lightning in a bottle" like Jaime or Dave did with Band of Brothers, I checked out my local Blockbuster today.

No such luck. Best I could do was a blind purchase of "Y Tu Mama Tambien" (unrated:b ) for $10.49. (30% off $14.99)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks