What's new

30 Inch WS Samsung HDTV ready and questions. (1 Viewer)

jubei-san

Auditioning
Hi, I recently bought a 30 inch widescreen samsung that's hdtv ready, um model txn3075whf and I also own a samsung dvd player/speaker combo. I use these RCA component cables and have P.scan on, but today when I turned on my T.V. w/out the dvd player on I noticed these wavy green lines running through my screen. I figured they were from interference so moved the cables around a bit but still no luck. After some time they go away, but now I noticed 2 sets of stationary wavy lines that are symmetrical about the middle of the tv, like the shape of a butterfly. These wavy lines seem like thick lines you'd see on sites that try to show interlacing. Now if I watch any dvd scenes with a more solid scene I notice those lines. I tried unplugging my dvd player to see if it was causing this but they're still there. Anyone have any idea on whether this is just poor tv quality or if I happen to have a problem with mine. Another thing i've noticed which irritates my eyes are image burns on this tv, anyone own a tube samsung with the same problem or do i have bad settings? Any opinion is helpful, thanks ahead.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Such artifacts are usually interference come'n from somewhere.

I think you say'n that with nothing at all connected to the set they are still there? I would be curious if they are still there if you temporaily move the set to another part of the house.

Image burns? You can turn off the set for a period of time, and see burn in on yoru screen?

What are you picture control settings set at, on the source that caused the burn in?

Sansungs in general aren't bad sets at all in my experiences.

jubei-san

Auditioning
Hey John, thanks for the opinions. Well the tv is pretty heavy so I'll have to wait on trying to move it somewhere. But as of the image burn, I didn't mean like permanent burns like you get when your tv wears out, what I mean is a trail of light that carries on to a next scene. For instance, if you are watching a part where it's totally black and something bright comes on the screen, say a torch, and when it moves you can see a trail of light following it. That and yellow subtitles also take some time to disappear completely. My dvd player is my only source of input right n ow, and it has no video options availaible. My tv is set at 30 contrast, 51 brightness, 20 sharpness, 34 color and mid tint with the warmest color tone.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any experience with the issue. It is not uncommon in certain deigns though, so I would think somebody would have some help for you on them.

My experiences really are only with CRT RPTV. It is what nearly everybody I know of or have helped has bought. reducing brightness even further should help it though.

If you really hate it, and the place you bought it from can't help you with the issue, then you can always return the set.

Did you notice this in the diplay model? I would think if the display model is not doing it, then there would be a solution for you on it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks