30 foot HDMI cable...

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Sonnie Parker, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Second Unit

Anyone purchased any of the 30' HDMI cables from some of the less expensive cable etailers like Cables for Less ... $50 for a 30' HDMI cable.

I'd spend a little more maybe and opt for a Bluejeanscable but they are sold out of the 30' HDMI.

Are there any risks involved running that long of a cable... gotta have it from my receiver to my pj.

Thanks!

2. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

I purchased a 33' HDMI to DVI cable from MonoPrice for $43.00.

Works great, I see no diffence in picture quality from when my HD receiver was connected to the projector with a more expensive 6' HDMI cable.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Shouldn’t be. As I understand it, HDMI is 100% digital for both audio and video, so it should be good for even extremely long runs (which 30 ft. isn’t).

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Steve_Blazer

Steve_Blazer Stunt Coordinator

It isnt susceptible to noise like an analog signal (being digital) but it will still attenuate over distance and require boosting over the longer runs.

What the attenuation value is and over what distance I have no idea though.

5. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Second Unit

I ended up getting a 25' after further measurement and got a really good deal on a Comprehensive HDMI cable... very heavy duty cable that was pretty easy to pull through my PVC piping to my pj. Seems to be working pretty well so far.