What's new

30 Days in the Hole (and other prison experiences) (1 Viewer)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Very, very, glad you're out. It certainly makes you savour the most trivial time on the outside. I remember being thrilled at just walking down the street or window shopping or using nice TP or ordering a burger at the diner... all those things became so much more precious. I can't imagine going back either.

Congratulations Chris, now you have a story for the grandkids :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Huh? What's wrong with that? And where've you been, that post is over 2 weeks old. :)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Malcolm sez...
..And where've you been, that post is over 2 weeks old.
Lurking? Just kidding. Actually the postings here in "After Hours" are often just as, if not more, interesting than home theater discussions.

I just rarely have time to read this anymore. But when I do have time, HTF is one of the places that are a "must visit".

StephenA

Screenwriter
Glad to hear you're out Chris. Good to hear things went ok.

This thread reminds me of when I was in the psychiatric hospital in February. Had to be buzzed in and out of the ward if and when you get ground priveleges, can't drink from glass or aluminum cans, no magazines with staples, had to stay up from 7 am to 11 pm, meetings from 8:30 am to 9 pm, etc. It was a crazy(no pun intended) and tiring expirience. I also had a snoring roommate who also asked me every 10 minutes when he was gonna be released. Of course I couldn't answer it. I also got another roommate who was admitted into the place at like 11 at night drunker than a skunk. He was so drunk that I could smell him from across the room and he snored worse than a congested bulldog. I'm glad I was only in there 5 days.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Wow...like others have said, this has been a very eye-opening discussion. Thanks to all those involved for keeping up the usual HTF standards!

Jail is a phobia of mine. I have never been to jail but it is something that I really fear...and in some sense I feel like I will someday wind up there for something I did not do. Geeze...how is that for a wierd phobia! I guess some people fear germs or birds or whatever...I fear jail. Not in a sense that I don't think I could handle it, but just a sense of dread. Not sure why since I am 32 and have never had a problem with the law, but I sure do feel for those that wind up in the slammer for something they did not do.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us guys!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
:)

In light of threads elsewhere about life in international prisosn, I thought I'd post a thread so anyone can post their jail/prison experience.

I'm willing to go first:

I've only been in "Jail" once, when my wife & I were pulled over in Arkansas for having too dark of a tint on our windows. I was driving back with a large amount of cash, a gift from her parents, and of course, we were in a vehicle with Florida plates with insurance that was registered in Florida, not Arkansas and didn't comply with their requirements of what should be on the paperwork. I was held for 5 hours in the drunk tank. All charges dropped after they realized I wasn't running drugs or something stupid.

:)

Ok..

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
While heading for college, a buddy and I were arrested in Alabama when unfortunate circumstances pointed to us as having murdered a convenience store clerk. We were unable to afford an attorney, but luckily it turned out there was one in the family, a cousin of mine named Vinny. He wasn't exactly the best as it took six tries to pass his bar exam, but the price was right. His girlfriend was pretty hot, too.

As for the actual stay in jail, it wasn't that bad as it seemed we spent just as much time in the court house as in the jail cell. However, there was one night when the power spiked down and we were pretty sure it was someone going to visit ol' sparky, but we managed to survive and get on with life.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
While I'm glad someone found the need to unify this thread, I was well aware of the previous thread, which I felt ran it's course and was a very personal related story. The thread I tried to start was related to the tongue-in-cheek jibe made in the Prison Break thread regarding offhanded comments about doing time in multiple countries and other, HUMOROUS takes.

I'm glad we're big into unifying, but not always is it a good thing. This thread was a thread I had read before, knew existed, but felt as though it was more "true to life" less humorous, and not really oriented toward the kind of discussion I was trying to get with my funny, off the wall bit and reference to the "Prison Break" thread in TV section.

Que Sera.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks