3'0 clock high. anyone remmeber this movie?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by todd stone, Feb 6, 2003.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Any details on if this may be released in the near future?

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I remember it, it was on at like 12:00 oclock one night lol.

Haven't heard anything, not even sure who owns the rights.

3. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

ok , thanks Robert [​IMG]

4. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

It's a Universal release, which probably explains it's absence. I've heard there could be rights issues as well. I'd buy it in a second though...

5. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

My thanks to movieprop.com for the pictures.

There isn't much information on this movie, but I have been hoping for a DVD release for some time. Everything about this 'high school angst flick' -- the direction and the pacing especially -- are just classic. I would put 3 O'Clock High in the same category as Heathers, as far as tone and feel. There is a distinctly downbeat but ultimately satirical tone throughout the film. My favorite shot in the film was actually approximated by Groundhog Day some 10 years later... the giant closeup of a clock, it's hands ticking forward, signaling Jerry Mitchell's doom at the hands of the untouchable and seemingly invincible Buddy Revell. You alternately root for Siemaszko and loathe/pity his cowardice.

[​IMG]

Richard Tyson's 'Buddy Revell' is one of the most memorable screen bullies of all time. Although Buddy is clearly the antagonist, you cannot help but notice there is a glimmer of understanding behind his steely gaze, an almost paternal curiosity to Mitchell's cowardice. Tyson later went on to be a pretty notable (and quite affable) television star.

[​IMG]
    "You and me... are gonna have a fight... today... 3 o'clock..

I wonder what ever happened to Anne Ryan? There was just something about her in this movie... gorgeous girl...

[​IMG]

I'd buy it in a second, too. When I confirm the rights issues, I will do some digging and figure out what I can.

Great movie!

~joseph

6. Mark_Paul

Mark_Paul Agent

Yes, great movie with a nice soundtrack. I would love to see this on DVD, would buy it in an instant. Universal MUST keep the original cover art for their DVD release. If someone else puts it out, I feel we could be in cover art hell.

Did you know that Steven Spielberg produced this picture, but asked for his name to be removed? I think it was for the violence at the end.

Anne Ryan appeared in Ferris Buellers Day Off 2 years earlier. She was more attractive than the materialistic bimbo that Jerry has a crush on.

7. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Mark I did not know that about Spielburg, interesting...

8. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

The opening twenty minutes of this film are among my all time favorites. The getting ready for school (with the song "Something to Remember Me By" playing in the background), the ride to school and that amazing tracking shot into the school, with all the characters talking about Buddy arriving, just great.

Phil Joanou never really made as good a film as this, although his recent film ENTROPY was unfairly neglected.

9. Mike Click

Mike Click Stunt Coordinator

Would this help to jog your memory.

Mitchell Just another high school nerd. Pretty normal life. But today, his car has a flat tire, he's late for school, and the student store cash register won't open.
    But that is nothing...There's a new student on campus: Buddy Revell. A guy that's been in over 20 fights and won 'em all. Beat up his teacher, pulled a knife on his football coach, and most important, DOES NOT like to be touched by anybody, AT ALL.

Well, guess what? Jerry has been given an assignment to interview Buddy and write an article for the school newspaper about him. He meets Buddy in the bathroom and talks to him, but makes a BIG mistake. Yep, he touches him. Now Buddy just challenged him to a fight in the parking lot when school ends at 3:00.
    Unfortunately, Jerry is real short and has never been in any fights. Uh-oh! Poor Jerry. For the rest of the day, he tries everything to get out of the impending death sentence... Soon it will be 3:00.
    Can Jerry win?

You'll just have to find out! This movie is hilarious! It is laugh out loud funny. You gotta see it! It's too cool to pass up!

I was ROTFLMAO reading this on a new forum I just signed up with, when I seen the 3 O` Clock High I remembered someone on HTF was talking about this.[​IMG]

10. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Suprise this thread hadn't been resurrected yet...

Due Sept 2nd!!!! Anamorphic, 2.0, and trailers. $19.95 list.

-paul

11. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Great stuff1! [​IMG]

Hilarious. Spielberg had his executive producer credit removed on this one.

Gordy

12. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

One of the favorites of my youth. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

13. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Funny. I made a thread about this movie a few months ago asking what it's name was, and now it's being released on DVD. I might pick it up.