What's new

3 Upcoming Criterions : Le Corbeau, Salvatore Guilano and Tunes of Glory (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The good thing is that Criterions seldom come out on time, so you probably have a little more time to save up. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the Pickup on South Street cover is polarizing. While the cover depicts a key moment in the film it does nothing (at least for me) to convey the atmosphere of the film. Can't say that I really care for that shot at all.

Spoilers, I guess -

A much better image from the film is the shot of Skip (located in the lower portion of the frame) looking up at Candy(in the upper portion of the frame) as she walks across the pier to the shack. I find it to be one of the best composed shots in the film, and a great image that helps define the character's relationships visually.

- Walter.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Since Criterion has a licensing deal with Fox, as an extra, it would have been nice if they included the Fox Americanized remake of Le Corbeau, retitled The 13th letter and directed by Otto Preminger with Charles Boyer and Linda Darnell and also their remake of Pick Up On South Street retitled The Cape Town Affair with Jacqueline Bisset, James Brolin and Claire Trevor in the Jean Peters, Richard Widmark and Thelma Ritter roles. They did it with The Killers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks