What's new

3 South Appreciation (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I searched and didn't see anything about this great show.
Known for their lame reality shows (Tough Enough excluded) and occasionally showing music videos, MTV has been known to offer some of the best animated shows. Some of the highlights are Liquid Television, Daria, Aeon Flux, The Maxx, The Head, and of course the immortal Beavis and Butthead. Now MTV has stumbled onto another work of genius: 3 South.
This show simply rocks. It details the antics of two under-achievers and thier mis-adventures at college. I've watched this show every week since its debut and I love it. The past two episodes have been the best.
Two weeks ago, Joe rented an isolated cabin to plot his revenge. Loading his bomb onto his U-Move truck while bad-mouthing the school, we see his neighbor bad-mouthing the post office loading his own bomb onto a U-Move truck. That is simply classic.
Last night's episode was shear perfection. From Sanford's mouse-like quest to get an Eskimo pie, to Todd's Discipline file/Sock drawer it was hysterical. The crowning achievement was when Sanford looked at his polaroid of Todd which read 'Don't Believe His Lies'. I believe that makes it the first TV show to quote Memento.
I hope this stays on the air and gets a good DVD release. It's on MTV so I'd assume Paramount would be in charge of any DVD release. Anyone else a fan?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
In case I'm not the only one watching this, I thought I'd talk about tonights episode.
CHaracter of the night: Ed. From calling his bike a 'wheel-horse' to spitting on himself to trying to beat up his shadow, Ed is the consumate hobunk.
Just found out tonight that Brian Posehn (SP) of Mr. Show fame is the voice of Dell and Todd. Very cool.
I think the thing that made me laugh hardest (Outside of Ed running into a tree with his bike and then calling it a wheel-horse) was when Todd said it was OK to take Joe's name off the suicide watch list and Todd having his own name on it.
God I love this show.

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
I think the R.A. for their dorm is hilarious. When is this show normally on anyways?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
It airs regularly Thursday nights at 10:30 right after Tough Enough.
Yeah R.A. Todd is hillarious. One of his finest most was when Joe was yelling at him for not being responsible and Todd curled up into the fetal position and screamed "Angry Daddy scares Toddy."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks