What's new

3 Receivers On Dual LNB. Can I Use The Extra Rec To Change Channels In 3rd room? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherC

Agent
I have a dual LNB system, but actually have 3 sat receivers (1 old one was upgraded but still works).
We are finishing a room in our basement, and I'd like to be able to watch satellite TV down there.
I figure b/c it's dual-lnb I can only see the same programming on the 2 sets using the split line, but at least I'd be able to change channels from either room.
Basically I'm looking for the ability to change the channel from 1 LNB from 2 different rooms.
Can I do this? Thanks for any help...

Darold_Brins

Agent
Christopher,
As long as you have a multi-switch you can hook up several receivers to your dual LNBs and watch different programming on each receiver. The number of receivers determine how many different channels you can display at one time not the number of LNBs.
Darold "Brins" Brinley

If you don't need to be able to watch two different channels, you can just buy a Remote Signal Sender Link Removed.
This will allow you to change the channel on a receiver from another room. If you try to go the 2 receiver route, aside from the problems that you would have when you inadvertantly leave both receivers on, you would have to pay for an additional receiver every month with no additional benefit. I basically have this same setup in the room that I have my treadmill. There is no need to have a different channel on in the den while I'm on the treadmill, so why pay for an additional reeiver.
If you would like to be able to have two different channels on at the same time, you just need to buy a multiplexer, Link Removed,
which would allow you to add additional sets to a dual LNB dish

ChristopherC

Agent
Darold & Bill...
Thanks for the great info! I had no idea such a thing even existed (multiswith/multiplexers). I figured I'd be limited to 2 channels forever! Very cool. Now I'll be able to watch DSS in my computer room while chatting on HTF :)
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread