3 quick qestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PeterOS, Feb 15, 2003.

1. PeterOS

PeterOS Extra

May 17, 2002

1. Using a tempest in a approx 200 vented enclosure, what Fb would you use which would give really good sound quality (ignoring SPL) and which would give you really high SPL (igoring sound quality and a very low Fb)

2. Is there any physical way of measuring the air speed in a port. I would have use of any equipment in my engineering college (doubt they'ld have anything useful though)

3. And I'll ask this question again (just for hope), does anyone have a idea of the pressure build up in a vented enclosure (just say for example, a 200L vented tempest with a Fb of approx 17Hz)

Just have to say, I have a RS SPL meter on the way, can't wait to find out what SPL I can produce in my room with the Tempest. Hopefully about 115dB or more!!! Only for people like us, hearing aid companies would go out of bussiness.
  2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Feb 1, 2002
    For output in a 200L enclosure, 20hz+ will probably be better for SPL while a lower tuning may work for SQ.

As for calculating air port speed and pressure, I don't know. I would try and just use a program simulator for those numbers.