3 Michael Caine Fox titles on October 17

Discussion in 'DVD' started by GregoryMesh, Jul 15, 2006.

1. GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh Supporting Actor

Gregory Mesh
    On October 17th Fox will release 1968 crime drama Deadfall, 1968 fantasy The Magus and 1975 comedy Peeper, all featuring Michael Caine.

2. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    I have been waiting for THE MAGUS for years. I don't it has ever even been on cable,

3. Thomas T

Thomas T Producer

Terrific! The Magus, truth be told, isn't very good but Deadfall has a great John Barry score and I've never seen Peeper, one of the few Natalie Wood titles that I've missed.

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

never seen any of them.

Any good ?

5. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

3 films Ive been waiting for it to come out on video (they never had video releases in the U.S) and now finally on DVD! Love to see MAGUS in widescreen! I guess Fox must have checked ebays to see all those MAGUS bootleg DVD so they decided to do something about it. Now only if other studios goes to the vaults to unearth more titles that never saw the light in the VHS days....

6. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

Credit Fox for their high level of innovation with their collections. My favorite is the Clark Gable Collection, Volume I, which might as well be called The Compleat Clark Gable. With Jayne Mansfield and Will Rogers and Betty Grable out or impending, can Clifton Webb, Monty Woolley, or Laird Cregar be far behind?

7. ted:r

ted:r Second Unit

There's a funny story about the Magus (which I've never seen and have no opinion about)...attributed to either Woody Allen or Peter Sellers...the person involved was supposedly asked what would they do different if they had their whole life to live over again...the reply: "I would live my entire life exactly the same, only I wouldn't have gone to see 'The Magus'"

But hey, if it pleases people its being released, that's fine with me. I just want the movies I want released. Fair is fair, right?