3" Inch (mini disc) Cd Adapters?!?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carrol M, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Carrol M

Carrol M Stunt Coordinator

Oct 22, 2001
    I've recently purchased some 3"inch cd singles from Ebay and I would love to play them on my up-right Sony cd player...sony cmt-ex1.

But, without one of those plastic adapters that the 3 inch fits in, I can't.

Any idea on where to purchase one, online or otherwise?
  2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Jun 5, 2000
    Rachael Bellomy
    Carrol, I think you'll have a hard time finding those. They packaged them with some of those little discs way back when. Every CD capable disc drive I own accepts 3" discs. It's sort'a suprising too since the labels have discarded the CD "Jr." subformat. I'm not familiar with your player but I'm suprised it doesn't accept 3". Is it ancient? My 555ES accepts 3", the capability doesn't seem to be going away.

I have a bunch of those 3". I bought them when the labels gave up on them and they were closed out. I have all the Beatles singles in those cool little plastic cases. Most of the rest came in little cardboard sleeves. In fact, I think all the rest did.

I did have some of those adaptors. I threw them away. Really they are a bad idea. They were hard to put on the discs straight and I thought they were a threat to break the disc's edge seal. Maybe somebody has one in a drawer and will give it to you? I can't imagine finding them for sale but stranger things have happened! Good luck and best wishes!