What's new

3 Doors Down SACD question.... (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I am using a pioneer dv-563a, feeding a Denon 1403 playing thru Atena Audtion Series bookshelves and center.

While playing the 3DD SACD I am bothered by the fact that any lead guitar soloing seems to be suppressed. It actually sounds like it's 'behind' the rhythm guitar. If I close my eyes and I picture where the sounds are coming from, it sounds like other instruments are in front of, physically, the lead guitar. The guitar is way more pronounced on the MP3 of 'The road I'm on' I bought before I bought the SACD.
Has anyone else heard this CD and experienced the same thing? Any insights? Just wondering if I'm nuts or not.

Take it easy, and thanks in advance for any posts!!

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Are you listening to the MC mix by any chance? I've noticed a couple discrepancies upon comparison to the stereo mix on several SACDs - probably due to a simple remixing difference. On David Bowie's Heathen for instance, the song "I Took A Trip On A Gemini Spaceship" has a much quieter vocal on the MC mix compared to the stereo mix...

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I'll check out the Stereo mix when I get home, thanks for the advice. I'll post again with an update!

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Adam, I'll give both the stereo and MC layers a listen and see if I notice anything as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks