What's new

3 Definitive Technology center channels + 2 bookshelf speaker setup assistance needed! (1 Viewer)

ElmoTheDestroyer

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi,

I managed to score some Definitive Technology speakers off Craigslist for a steal, but it's sort of an unusual mix of speakers.

I have 3 Deftech center channels.. 1 Procenter 2000, and 2 Procenter 1000's... I also have 2 Promonitor 100's.

My question is, how do you suggest laying this out? Do you use the Procenter 1000's as Left/Right front, or as the rears, and use the Promonitor 100's as the L/R fronts?

Also, would you suggest using the Procenter 1000's in their normal horizontal configuration, or mount them vertically so they are more of a standard driver layout?

Anyway, any suggestions ya'll might have would be appreciated... Thanks!

--ElmoTheDestroyer

Last edited:

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I would use the 2000 as the center, the 1000's as L/R mounted vertically in an MTM config, and put the 100's out back. I think that would sound pretty good.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I agree with the configuration that ArmSC suggested. Welcome to the Definitive Technology family. :) Been running them for years.

ElmoTheDestroyer

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Right on, thanks for the feedback!

Be interesting to see how it sounds, I installed a set of Promonitor 100's in a friends house like 8 years ago and I recall they were pretty nice sounding.. How they will sound compared to those Procenter 1000's as front's should be interesting, no idea how they compare side by side as normal stereo speakers...

Will be getting my receiver next week, so I have a little waiting to do :( ...

Anyway, thanks again, have a good weekend ya'll!
--ElmoTheDestroyer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks