What's new

Pre-Order 3-D Rarities, Volume II (3D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Received today!

IMG_0817.JPG

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Did a 3D marathon screening last night. Great stuff! I'm so pleased that my investment in 3D home theater technology continues to provide such dividends as this. I will continue to support any and all future releases. :3dglasses:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Watch this last night. I really enjoyed A Day In The Country and Harold Loyd’s pictures. What depth they showed. But the whipped cream on this Blu-ray is El Corazon y la Espada. What a wonderful trip into Mexican cinema. I too will be happy to support any further 3D movies again. Any chance that we could see Frankenstein’s Bloody Terror and The 3D Movie in the future?

Thank you Bob for this extremely entertaining disc.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Gee Mr. Ahollis, when I get stuff like whipped cream (which is very seldom) on my discs they skip and sputter. You are lucky it played so well. :eek:

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It took time to get across the ocean but 3-D Rarities II has at last arrived in the U.K. Mail has of course been crazy over the past few months.

Another fascinating collection, superbly packaged. I particularly liked the stills, especially those taken by Harold Lloyd. Aside from the excellent 3-D for El Corazon y la Espada, it had a very fine music score by Antonio Diaz Conde.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
EL CORAZON Y LA ESPADA is fun. The English dubbing is about the worst I've heard ever, so from now on I'll stick with Spanish and English subs. I also wanted to comment, Bob, on the remarkable work you guys did with TAZA, SON OF COCHISE. Stunning 3D throughout and not a bad little western in its own right. I am very pro-Native American and it was nice to see a film of that era that was sympathetic to the indigenous people. The miscasting of Rock Hudson is woeful, and he's as stiff as a statue, but Barbara Rush is (as always) stunning, and could actually pass for native. I love the director's wonderful camera set-ups that, in most every frame, contain an object or person in the very close foreground to add a remarkable amount of depth.

As for NUDIE CUTIES, I thought the main feature, ADAM AND THE SIX EVES, was entertaining though repetitious and padded to fill out its hour. Silly, but still fun. The other stuff on the disc did not appeal to me. But, as I've said before, I will buy every disc that comes from 3D Film Archives and am really happy with my collection of 50's titles...I have them all!

Bob has said there were 50 "Golden Age" 3D movies produced. Once WINGS OF THE HAWK is released, 20 of these will have been released on Blu-ray, fully13 of them from 3D Film Archives! Plus 3D feature films from the 60's-70's and several compilation discs such as RARITIES I & 2 and NUDIES. (Have I counted correctly?)

In any case, my yearly shout-out to the handful of skilled and patient men who have restored and made available such an appreciable chunk of the films I never though I'd see in 3D. Obviously, we'd all like to see WB (or whoever actually owns the video rights) give the Archive team 3D materials for HONDO and PHANTOM OF THE RUE MORGUE. And we'd fall over backward in a faint if Wade Williams ever actually licensed his three 3D titles to someone who will take good care of them (since their owner just isn't). But I and many others here have tried to shame WW into making these available way too often for me to think it will have any effect now. Would love to see Paramount give over the 3D materials for MONEY FROM HOME to someone who would actually restore it.

Well, I suspect the 3D team may still have a few more Universal western titles up their sleeves, but until then,

SO MANY THANKS, ALL OF YOU, FOR GIVING US 3D FANS SUCH A FEAST!!

...what's for dessert?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks