What's new

3-D movies on a HDTV. It is possible . (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
Well folks I tried the Imax 3D dvd set on my HDTV and it works like a charm. I have the 65" RCA SCENIUM and the panasonic RP-91 dvd player. I put the dvd in the video mode instead of auto and I am getting first rate 3-D just like the picture I get on a regular tv, only bigger. Then I tried the dvd with the AUTO option and it still works but I think in the video mode it delivers a clearer picture. I am as surprised as some of you are, after all the dvd case says that it does not work on any flat tv. The RCA SCENIUM is last year's model.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Okay, maybe I'm missing something; but since projection TVs are the same damned thing as a regular TV and their core functions operate the same way (electrons onto a phosphorus lining), why would field-sequential 3D not work with a projection TV? I'm no electrical engineer, but the core mechanicsms are the same. What's with the warning - or are they mistakenly attributing all flat screens to LCD/plasma?

GregK

Screenwriter
Most of the confusion occurs with newer technologies that use progressive scanning. When some cannot get a field-sequential 3-D video to play on a progressive scan set they may assume progressive scan does not allow for 3-D playback. What many don't realize is how the 480i signal is converted to 480p (or 720p or 1080i for that matter) is the key to proper progressive scan 3-D playback. Interpolation keeps the original field integrity intact after being converted to progressive.

Oh yes.. most LCD projectors cannot play back 3-D field-sequential video, as the decay rate on LCD is too slow.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I just bought a Piano HE-3100 DLP projector. It only accepts interlaced and converts it to progressive. Any way to play 3-D DVD's on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks