What's new

3-D Film Festival comes to Suffern, New York! (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
We are proud to announce the 3 DAYS OF 3-D Film Festival at the historic Lafayette Theatre in Suffern, New York, on February 27-28-29, 2004.

3 DAYS OF 3-D will present 10 of the best classic films made during the 1950s in the miracle of Third Dimension, including KISS ME KATE, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, DIAL “M” FOR MURDER, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, GORILLA AT LARGE, INFERNO, MISS SADIE THOMPSON, ROBOT MONSTER, GUN FURY and HOUSE OF WAX. You'll see big stars such as Rita Hayworth, Vincent Price, Grace Kelly, Rhonda Fleming, Rock Hudson, Howard Keel, Donna Reed, Kathryn Grayson, and Raymond Burr all so close that you'll feel you can reach out and touch them! Also on each program will be a selection of ultra-rare 3-D short subjects, including ones with Bugs Bunny, The Three Stooges, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and many more. All films will be presented in authentic dual-projector, synchronized 3-D with polarized glasses (not red & blue anaglyph)!

The Lafayette Theatre is a vintage, fully-renovated 1000-seat 1924 movie palace and was one of the first theatres in Rockland County equipped to show 3-D films in mid-1953, but hasn't shown a 3-D film since October of that year. All of these films will be presented in genuine, double-system 3-D - the best method of all - using special Polarized viewing glasses and two projectors running with interlock synchronization. Important note: We will not be showing any 3-D films in the inferior anaglyph system (red & blue glasses) that you might be familiar with from Spy Kids 3-D. The polarized method of 3-D presentation assures you of bright and clear images with no color distortion! We are proud to be the only movie palace on the East Coast to bring a full weekend of dimensional entertainment to you.

Advance money-saving multi-show tickets are available NOW on the website: Friday Night Passes are $15, Saturday and Sunday All-Day Passes are $30 each. The Full Festival pass is $65. Advance passes also give you priority seating for each show before the general public! Individual tickets are priced at $8.00 for each show and will be available at the Lafayette Theatre Box Office and on the internet (after January 1).

Go to the website for complete details: http://www.bigscreenclassics.com/3days3d.htm

The 3 DAYS OF 3-D Film Festival is a co-production of Nelson Page’s Galaxy Theatre Corporation, the Big Screen Classics film series and Peter Apruzzese, with special consultation by 3-D historian Bob Furmanek.

Hope to see you there!

Peter Apruzzese
Director of Film Programming
Big Screen Classics

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Very interesting Peter (too bad I don’t live around the corner). I was not even aware that Kiss Me Kate was a 3-D production (I thought I’d seen them all the first time around).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks