What's new

3/$25 on all titles is back at Hollywood Video! (1 Viewer)

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
Wanted to pick up "Unleashed" and "High Tension" on their 3 for $25 sale and neither was available even though it said so on a little flier that was in the store.The clerks would not honor their own advertisement saying each was available to previously viewed on 10/30/2005(and also featured on HV website).Of course their is a disclaimer on ad saying "dates subject to change".Will try again in a few days and hope 3 for $25 deal is still on.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You might try checking another store. I find the one on the south (more yuppie) side of town can have more arty/independent stuff while the one near me has more mainstream releases.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The sale is back! Here are titles of interest:

**Only single disc releases available for any titles that also have a two-disc version (e.g. Walk the Line).

Broken Flowers
Capote
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Corpse Bride
Good Night and Good Luck
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
A History of Violence
The Island
Jarhead
Junebug
Lord of War (probaby the non-OAR one)
Millions
Mirrormask
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Serenity
Walk the Line
Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Team America
Unleashed
War of the Worlds
Wedding Crashers

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's a YMMV thing. I was actually in one of my local HV's this afternoon and saw the WS Lord of War.

I recently picked up:

Walk the Line
Flightplan (which you could add to your list)
History of Violence

Blockbuster is also running a 2/$20 sale. I also picked up a copy of The Aviator (2-disc WS) at one of my local Blockbusters today for just $4.99!

raulC

Grip
Does anyone know if HV has a guarantee on purchased rentals? I mean if you buy them and they're unplayable or skip during play? Just wondering. That wondering question is one of the reasons i've been put off on buying previously viewed dvds.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

Raul, Hollywood Video gives a 1 Year guarantee with every Previously Viewed movie. As long as you have the receipt, you can take the defective movie to any Hollywood Video and they'll replace your movie. I have personally witnessed customers bring back defective movies, and they are in and out of the store within a minute. Quick and painless replacement.

I have a question. I wanted to pick up Waiting on DVD, but I remember when I rented it, it was just a 1-disc version. Did Lions Gate create a special rental version or something with only 1 disc? I don't want to get cheated on Waiting like I did with Masters of Horror. I saw that Hollywood had a PV copy of the Carpenter and Gordon movies in 1 case. I figured it was just a double sided disc, or that two discs were in one case. I ended up buying some kind of stripped version with no extras.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well...you got me there. All I know, Randy, is that it had the "widescreen" banner across the top of the cover of the DVD. That's all I can report.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks