3-2-1 Contact, Mathnet, and Ghostwriter ANYONE?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*D, Jul 18, 2006.

1. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Anyone interested in seeing these PBS series on DVD?

3,2,1 Contact: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0190169/

Mathnet: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0092401/

Ghostwriter (original): http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0108787/

-------

Use to enjoy watching these shows back in the day. There was a hidden treasure story on 3-2-1 Contact that I never got see the end of, there were a bunch of episodes dedicated to that story, would be cool to see this stuff again.

I know there are VHS releases, but no DVDs. I just voted for season sets over at tvshowsondvd.com. NOSTALGIA! Gotta love it.

2. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

This is scaring me...

Soon we'll be asking for complete season sets of "Reading Rainbow," "The Letter People," and "Marian the Librarian"...

("The Letter People" did have pretty catchy theme song in the early 80s)

3. John*D

John*D Second Unit

ooh... Reading Rainbow. haha.

4. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Absolutely. I would love to see a release of 3-2-1 Contact for a clean, crisp recording of its wonderful theme song, if nothing else. Who doesn't remember "The Bloodhound Gang" fondly?

For the trivia buffs: Marcelino Sanchez and Ginny Ortiz, who both appeared in The Warriors, also made appearances on 3-2-1 Contact.

5. JayDerek

JayDerek Stunt Coordinator

6. They Called me Skip

They Called me Skip Auditioning

My name is Seth (you can find my last name online if you really want to know) and I was the child actor who played Skip on the final two seasons of The Bloodhound Gang on 3-2-1 Contact. I was reading our posts, and want to thank you for your interest in seeing the shows released on DVD.

I too have been waiting for DVD release of these shows. 25 years after doing the show, I have nothing to show friends and family who would like to see what I did when I was 11. For most of us, it is just a faint memory. I am under the impression that CTW (Childrens Television Workshop) was planning at one time to release episodes on DVD - I received a (suprising) royalty check a few years ago for "electronic distribution."Which to me means DVD. However, CTW has yet to do anything of the sort.

If you liked the show and have any interest in seeing it again (I was a huge fan of the show before I was cast), please do what you can to prod CTW into making the DVDs a reality. Not only for the nostalgia, not only for the educational value that is still valid today, but beecause the show was good and deserves to be seen... again.

Thanks for listening.

Seth

7. They Called me Skip

They Called me Skip Auditioning

P.S. If anyone has any idea on where I can find the videotapes, I would appreciate a response. I have spent the last few months tracking down leads and coming up empty.

8. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter