2yrs and I won!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ken Leggatt, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Ken Leggatt

Ken Leggatt Stunt Coordinator

Two years ago I bought a Toshiba 40H80 and it worked great, for a bit. It started intermittantly turning off, resetting and then coming back on again. I first complained while under the 1yr warranty and Toshiba had it serviced but it kept on happening. 5 times the service guy worked on the set and even had it in the shop for a week. The problem never went away. I phoned and phoned the service rep at Toshiba and today, after 2.5 yrs of bitter complaining I have my replacement set. My new (last years model) 42H82 was dropped off and I am pretty happy with the outcome, just wish it was sooner!

So, to everybody out there fighting for your warranty work, keep on it. It just takes a lot of time and effort!

2. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

Congrats! What do you think of the difference between the two sets? (Besides the extra 2 inches of course)

3. Ken Leggatt

Ken Leggatt Stunt Coordinator

The new set has a much more "crisp" image. I believe they brought in a new focus mechanism in some of the more recent models and it is really noticeable. Funny enough the two extra inches is quite apparant as well. I really think that the made some big improvements. I will let you know more are I actually start to watch it [​IMG]

4. EGM

EGM Stunt Coordinator

Ken,

Congrats! I went through essentially the same thing about two years ago, except I started with a non-HDTV ready 36 inch set, got upgraded to an 36 inch HDTV ready set, and after something went wrong with that, was offered the 56H80 (HDTV 16:9 set) for $500 more. I posted the whole story awhile ago if you want to read about my fiasco.

For all the frustration that the problems with my initial sets caused, I can't complain about Toshiba's customer service, they were more than helpful, and bent over backwards to make the situation right. And due to that, I will most likely buy Toshiba products in the future because they will stand behind them.

GM