What's new

2x stereo + sub in a reciever? (1 Viewer)

Dan.AE

Auditioning
I'm planning on getting 4 Paradigm titans and an as of yet undecided sub (still trying to justify $575 for an svs), so I'd really like to be able to play stereo music through all 4 of the titans and the sub.

What I'm wondering is whether some of the recievers I've been looking at will do this. I was told the lower-end sonys won't (I wasn't really looking at them anyway, but the fact brought up this point), and now I'm curious if some of the recievers I have been looking at will do this.

I'm considering a Yamaha HTR-5550, Denon 1602, or a Onkyo TX-DS484, though I'm certainly open to other suggestions at or near that price range ($300-$350).

Jason GT

Second Unit
Sounds like the feature that you're looking for is 5 (or 6 or even 7) channel stereo.

AFAIK this is pretty common, if not universal, on new receivers; the 2 ch signal is split evenly between the left and right speakers with the center(s) getting one half of each signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks