1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2nd Zone, BiAmp..settings...

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by MikeGee, Dec 15, 2005.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Curious.. perhaps my hearing is a bit out of wack.. But can someone explain to me this...
    When i am watching a movie and i put the settings on my receiver (Pioneer 1014tx) from Normal to either 2nd Zone or BiAmp i tend to like the sound i get for a movie in BiAmp compared to the normal mode.. I find it gives the rears alot more emphasis in the film and doesnt sacrifice anything else...

2. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Ok.. umm can anyone help me understand what it is i'm doing by switching it from Normal to Bi-Amp. My speakers themselves are not wired up to be bi-amped. (They are just regular Athena Audition series speakers).
    I just find when i set it to bi-amp on the receiver the speakers seem to have a lot more of a surround feel to them.

Just curious cause i've been experimenting with my receiver lately

3. John S

John S Producer

I can't quite envision what is happening here.

2nd zone is full range being sent to any speakers attached to it.

Bi-amp, may be really bi-amp to where the speakers on one ste of amps is getting all the bass and the speakers on the other amp getting all the mids/highs...

Just a guess though