1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

2nd Printing of Spellbound Criterion....where?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I've been trying to pick up the Criterion Edition of Spellbound since it's first release months ago. At that time, I went into DVD Planet's store in Huntington Beach, California, and was told that they were shipped back because of the previously mentioned problems. A month later they had some back in stock, but the manager said that they were the same recalled versions. Upon checking the back of each of them, they did indeed say First Printing. When I asked why they got the first pressing again (after having sent them back once), the manager replied that he didn't know...

Anyway, I keep popping into DVD Planet's store hopes of finding the second printing...but all they have is a surplus of the first pressing.

Besides the previously mentioned DVDBoxOffice.com in another thread, does anyone know of any other online places that carry the corrected version? I prefer to go with DVD Planet because of their low prices on Criterion discs, but I don't know if their online supplier has a different pressing than their store...

I really need this one for my collection...please help a guy out...

2. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

I just noticed the back of mine says "First Printing". I've yet to check it out due to the other discs I got over the holidays, but what is supposedly wrong with this disc? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert Supporting Actor

The first pressing will not play on Toshiba dvd players.

Robert, for what it's worth, I bought a first pressing and sent it directly to Criterion for an exchange. I received a corrected copy less than a week later.

4. Karl F

Karl F Stunt Coordinator

Robert, I had the first printing and I contacted Criterion; they said to just mail in the sleeve insert and they sent me a new copy within a couple of weeks. You don't have to send in the disc at all, so it's only an extra 35 cents or so for sending the sleeve back to them. So you could go out and buy the first printing and do that. Just email [email protected] to get exchanging instructions and the address.

Walt, Spellbound has trouble loading on some machines. Your current machine may not have a problem, but you might want to go ahead and trade it in anyway.

(edit: Ach, Scott beat me!)

--K

5. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Thanks guys! I'll pick up the first printing from DVD Planet's store early tomorrow so I can get the sleeve in the mail by afternoon.