What's new

$29 to copy any 2hr tape source to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
Lifeclips.com is offering this service. I do not know how they can make any money at $29. I thought the DVD-R's cost that much. Has anyone tried this service yet?

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I have used this service for a couple of things, including my wedding video. They were great. One disk had some minor digital artifacts which they quickly replaced when I told them of this. I'd say go for it.
------------------
Link Removed

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Do they keep a digital image of the DVD on a server or DLT?
------------------
Tobor realized the error in his logic and fully understood the penalty of death from EMP.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Blanks should cost about $10 each (maybe even less) in bulk. The drive is around $700 now and comes with simple authoring software, including an encoder (of dubious quality); and you need some capture hardware for maybe a few hundred more, even capture directly into MPEG-2, bypassing the need for the encoder. Probably the biggest drain is the time required, although once you have it all setup, it's not something you have to sit and watch the whole way through.
//Ken

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,
I suspect that they would have to have high speed players and high speed A/D equipment to do this. I do not believe you could do this a real time and make any money. I used to think I would copy 8mm film to tape for people until I saw how much time was involved.

Steven M Dill

Auditioning
Awhile back they ran a tv promo where the did the conversion for 6.99. I sent in my graduation dvd and the transfer ofcourse looks the same as the tape did but the dvd will last much longer. Now only if it would play in my dvd player
frown.gif
Oh well it's time for an upgrade anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks