What's new

$29,000 DVD player (1 Viewer)

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
We bought a new DVD player Wednesday. It is a very expensive model, the silly thing ran us 29,000 USD. The package it came in is really nice though. It came wrapped up inside of a new Toyota Sienna van. It has 2 IR headphones, does widescreen, plays through the JBL 6-speaker stereo system and I don't know what all else it does. Gonna have to play with it some more.

The Granddaughter just loved it today. She is 20 months and doesn't like to ride in the car too well. She did enjoy Lilo&Stitch today though.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yeah i second that chroma bug statement Keith

just curious now, did the player come free witht he vehicle? or is it built into it?

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
The vehicle was free with the purchase of the DVD player. ;)

I already had 2 dvd players so the wife said I only needed 1 more, that's my limit.

A little more on the DVD unit, it has an 8" LCD screen, will handle 2 wired earphones as well as the IR earphones. It will let you hook in a game boy type unit. It was "made" or at least sold by Audiovox. The controls and on-screen menus remind me of my Panny RP-82, so it might be related.

Didn't notice any chroma bug either.:D

Phil Nichols

Second Unit
Gabriel,

Is that a vibration dampening magnetic suspension mass I see underneath that $22K player in your photo?

If it is, Mike will need one of those mass gizmos if he plans on occasionally moving his DVD player into the van for long trips and then playing DVD's while going down the road - I guarantee it - no matter how good the suspension is in that new Toyota van. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks