What's new

28 Days Later R1 Release Date? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Has anyone heard of a 28 Days Later release date for R1? I'm anxious to pick it up.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Something tells me it's coming on 10/28. You know because it's two days before Halloween and it's also got 28 in the date. Definitely at the top of my list.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Unless they go two disc with this release, I will likely snag the Region 2 version. This is one flick where I would like a bevy of extras, and if Fox skimps, I'll import.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I have the R2 version. I thought the film was just OK. I saw it as a rip-off of Romero's "The Crazies".

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Muldoon from AsianDVD says the HKL Naked Killer is also cut with scenes missing from the Japanese LD and Taiwanese prints.

Fox seems to be using different source material for their DVDs, so it's looking positive for FOX (except Naked Killer) and for around $10 :)

Everyone whines about not being able to play HKLs or HKLs or too expensive... So... let's hope for some more titles

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
Ive heard that the R1 is only One disc. Is the R2 two disc? And what special feats does it have?

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I think the R2 is one disc. Features a short making-of, deleted scenes and the alternative ending which has just been released theatrically in the US.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So will they do a direct video to video transfer? I would think the movie would look rather interesting in it's original DV video format.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'd be surprised if they didn't just port the entire R2 DVD to a R1 release. The only thing I can see being added is the Sundance Channel's Anatomy of the Scene Special.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
It might be delayed a little more, since they are now advertising a second ending attached to the end of the film in theaters.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
The second ending is already on the R2 DVD and I can't imagine the movie being in the theaters for more than another 4 weeks.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
But wasn't it in Storyboards? How are they gonna show that in a theater?

FYI, I kinda liked that alternate ending.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

But, the ending was shot 35mm. So there will have to be some sort of mix transfer to be the best. I'm sure there will be complaints of edge enhancement, but it was there on the film prints.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
But, the ending was shot 35mm. So there will have to be some sort of mix transfer to be the best.
Jackass: The Movie is similar. the opening and ending are in 16mm (film to video transfer) while the rest of it was presented as a direct video to video transfer.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I bought the Daredevil DVD and there's a trailer for 28 Days Later included. I was surprised at how bright and sharp it looked, now I know it's only the trailer but it could be some indication of the transfer we'll see.. When I saw it at the theater three times it had a really bad print image that seemed to be night and day when I saw this trailer. Most awaited DVD of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks