1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

27FS13 and the squeeze mode.... let me get this straight....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank_M, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Frank_M

Frank_M Stunt Coordinator

Amazing looking set, by the way!

Just want to make sure I've got this straight.

I:

a - Set the DVD to output in 16x9 mode.
    b - Select 16x9 on the TV when it's an anamorphic transfer, but keep it in regular mode when it's not?

And what do I do with 4x3 movies? Do I change the DVD set up then too?

Just trying to get this straight.

Much appreciated.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

You're right, and keep everything the same for 4x3 dvds...they will display correctly, just don't set the TV to 16x9 mode.

3. Frank_M

Frank_M Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Matt.

I was playing around with various DVDS, and the weird thing was that when I went into 16x9 mode on the TV (animorphic DVD or not.. same thing happened with each) the picture was further squeezed. Is that supposed to happen?

Also, I thought if I went into squeeze mode with a non-anamorphic.. what is supposed to happen?

Thanks for answering the stupid questions.

4. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

Frank- You'll want to use squeeze mode ONLY on anamorphic DVDs. Using it with non-anamorphic DVDs (regardless of aspect ratio) will result in squeezing a picture that is not designed to be squeezed. So you'll wind up with images that are horizontally stretched and distorted. In other words, leave your DVD player in 16x9 mode for everything, but only squeeze your TV on anamorphic DVDs.

Enjoy.

Steve K.