What's new

27" vs 32", Sony vs. Tosh vs. Samsung (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
So we're pretty much at the point to get a new tv. We're almost sold on the sony KV-27FS100. I'm wondering if it's worth the $400.00 diff to get the KV-32FS100. I'm debating that vs. spending the diff on new speakers for the fronts...
but at 899, that's 100 from the Samsung hdtv. But, we live in bumduck Iowa, where there will be no hdtv (hell, we can't even get stereo on most channels :angry:) for a long time. I'm wondering if we should get the 32" analog, use that for a loooong time, and then get a projector.
What's good is there's a Sears where we are, a small one, and they're beating best buy at their pricing, which is good...
Added: what about non-flat 32 vs flat 27? I've been reading, and it's image quality vs. size, I guess... Although a 32" flat screen would be super sweet... hmm.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
You need to consider your viewing habits in set evaluation. For example, a digital set such as the Samsung might be worth the expense if you watch a lot of DVDs.

Flat screens are more expensive, but reflect far less light than curved screens. You should consider the room where you will place your TV (among other things) in deciding between the two.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'd go for the ATSC technology: Much better to look at line-doubled DVDs than at interlaced images. Always think toward the future in this time of technological transition. As for high-def broadcasts, there's always DBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks