27 or 32?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Taka, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Taka

Taka Agent

Big dilemma- my living room isn't very big, so I'll be sitting no more than 5 ft. from the screen, maybe 6 ft. I have set a max budget of $800 or thereabouts to replace my old 20" TV and am seriously considering the following sets:
    JVC AV32D502- $599 shipped
    JVC AV27F802- also about $599 shipped
    Is it worth it to get a really nice 27" TV when I'll definitely outgrow it if I move to a larger place? I don't believe that even a set at this level can take progressive outputs, so it will be an interim set at best. If I get the 32" set, I won't outgrow it at a larger place, but it's still an interim piece for the time when I can get progressive and HD capable equipment.
    I don't really see the point in getting a flat 32" for even more money until you move into the Sony HS or similar TVs- no progressive scan inputs so how much better can it be?

2. Jim Millar

Jim Millar Auditioning

Taka - I just purchased a Toshiba 27AF61 last month and I really like it (I needed PIP for sports) - Price matched at Sears off the internet and they sold it to me for what the internet offer was plus shipping - saved about $75 - I really like the set and would highly recommend it and if you don't need PIP the 27AF41 is about $100 cheaper. It has component video in and plenty of other jacks. I view in the bedroom from about 9 ft. and its great - any bigger and I think you would see the lines! Hope this helps! By the way, Toshiba has a one year warranty but I think JVC does too.