1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

27 or 32?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Taka, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Taka

Taka Agent

Big dilemma- my living room isn't very big, so I'll be sitting no more than 5 ft. from the screen, maybe 6 ft. I have set a max budget of $800 or thereabouts to replace my old 20" TV and am seriously considering the following sets:
    JVC AV32D502- $599 shipped
    JVC AV27F802- also about $599 shipped
    Is it worth it to get a really nice 27" TV when I'll definitely outgrow it if I move to a larger place? I don't believe that even a set at this level can take progressive outputs, so it will be an interim set at best. If I get the 32" set, I won't outgrow it at a larger place, but it's still an interim piece for the time when I can get progressive and HD capable equipment.
    I don't really see the point in getting a flat 32" for even more money until you move into the Sony HS or similar TVs- no progressive scan inputs so how much better can it be?

2. Jim Millar

Jim Millar Auditioning

Taka - I just purchased a Toshiba 27AF61 last month and I really like it (I needed PIP for sports) - Price matched at Sears off the internet and they sold it to me for what the internet offer was plus shipping - saved about $75 - I really like the set and would highly recommend it and if you don't need PIP the 27AF41 is about $100 cheaper. It has component video in and plenty of other jacks. I view in the bedroom from about 9 ft. and its great - any bigger and I think you would see the lines! Hope this helps! By the way, Toshiba has a one year warranty but I think JVC does too.