What's new

27 or 32? ~$500 (1 Viewer)

I've been looking at tvs recently. I'll be having my own apartment soon, likely not too huge though. The flat screen tvs have drawn me, as I have a flat tube monitor. I've got around $500 to spend, really not much more. It MUST be below $600, or I'd be getting out of hand. This leaves me with just about any 27" flat tube tv, and a few 32" TVs. I don't watch much television, just DVDs, games and such.

Should I go for the "round" tube 32" or a flat 27"? Which are the best in my price range? Component in is a must for future stuff.

Greer_R

Agent
Matt,
I'm currently fighting the same issue. I'm looking at the Wega 27", the JVC i-Art 27" and the Toshiba 32A41. Right now I think the Toshiba is going to win out for features and size, that and the picture is very nice on it, unfortunately, I haven't been able to see a dvd on the 32a41, but it looks nice on the wega. How would you get yours to your apartment?

-Greer (yeah, funny seein you here)

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I just bought the Tosh 32A41 for 499 after debating EXACTLY the same issues.

I can say this...

The TOSHIBA is incredible.
It DOES do 16x9 squeeze, but via the service menus only.
(It takes about 1 minute to squeeze, and is awesome for DVD)

FYI

Greer_R

Agent
the D series of the JVC line do the 16:9 squeeze in the service menu so I'd believe the i-Art should as well.

-Greer

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Even if you had to hold off on buying the set to save up some more money a 32" is your best bet. Otherwise you'll be getting the urge to upgrade again six months from now.

Greer_R

Agent
I picked up the Toshiba 32A41 from best buy the other day, best price I could get locally and it ran just under 500 after tax. I'm pleased with the unit, there are a few things I don't like (only 2 set of A/V inputs, none on front, slower channel switching than old roommates JVC 32", and the extra info on how to control the volume that shows up on the screen). Otherwise, picture and quality are very well done and I'm pleased so far.

-Greer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks