What's new

27" Flat Tube TV under 28.5" wide? (1 Viewer)

RentBaxley

Agent
My parents are looking to replace their 27" tube tv with a newer flat tube TV. The problem is that the TV is built into a wall with the interior box dimensions of 28 1/4" wide by 23 15/16" high. Does anyone know of anytihng that will work in these dimensions? Please? My father really wants to get a new TV before the game (huge Pats fan), but I can't seem to find anything that will work for him.

Thanks all!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The fad these days, especially in higher end sets like flat direct view tubes, is to put speakers on the side. As such you probably won't find anything in that size range w/ a 27" flat tube. The new Zenith HD ready I just bought, 27" flat screen, is 32"+ wide. You might have to go down to the 24" flat tubes that Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony sell, but even that will be a squeeze.

RentBaxley

Agent
That's what I was afraid of. There is a Daewoo 27" that has the speakers on the bottom. The height is a stretch, but I think I can make it work. I tried to post a link but the forum won't allow it. Does anyone know how these Daewoo's are quality wise?

Thanks again

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Rent, I hate to say it but if I was him I would open up the wall to fit in a bigger TV & why I was at it I would open it up enough so that in the future it would also fit a widescreen tv. As for Daewoo tv's as far as I'm concerned they are right down at the bottom of my list along with, Symphonic, Emerson, Sylvainia, Orion & other odd ball brands that's why I would open up that wall or if I could'nt do that then I would get the 24 Inch Flat Tube Toshiba because it's the only 24 inch set that has the 16:9 Mode for DVD's.

Lewis

Agent
I am in a similar situation. Check out Panasonic. They were making a set with speakers on the bottom. The set was under 28 inches wide and about 19 inches deep. I don't remember the height.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I am about to buy a 27" Panasonic (CT-27SC13) at WalMart for $368. The materials on display at the store show the measurements being under 28"W X 26"H. I don't know the exact measurements because I didn't write them down, but those are the max limits of my entertainment center, so I know they were below that. It's a flat screen with component inputs and has a silver cabinet. I'll try to remember to post up my impressions after I have it up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks